Updated December 21, 2019
Solace Veterinary Services is committed to protecting the privacy of our website visitors. The following statement discloses the data collection and usages for sociallight.net. By using the Solace Veterinary Services website you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
This Policy sets out what the categories of personal information we may collect from you when you use the Website as well as how we process that personal information.
If you have any questions about this Policy or do not agree with it, please contact us before using the Website. We may amend this Policy from time to time, so you should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes that have been made.
Personal information we collect from you through the Website
In general, you may navigate the Website without directly providing us with any personal information. However, we may ask for, and collect, personal information in the following situations:
- You sign up for Solace Veterinary Services’ email newsletter;
- You request an appointment with a member of the Solace Veterinary Services team;
- You directly contact Solace Veterinary Services using a contact form.
When you choose to submit your information to Solace Veterinary Services, it may be stored in our website database, or in an email client in order to contact you.
Personal Information we collect automatically
When you use the Website, we automatically receive and record information from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. This information is stored in our server logs as well as through Google Analytics.
We use this data in aggregate form and we may provide this aggregate information to Solace Veterinary Services’ Associates about how you, our customers, collectively, use the Website, so that Solace Veterinary Services’ Associates may also understand how users make use of the Website.
We use Google Analytics for aggregated, anonymized website traffic analysis. In order to track your session usage, Google drops a cookie (_ga) with a randomly-generated ClientID in your browser. This ID is anonymized and contains no identifiable information like email, phone number, name, etc., but it does collect your IP Address. We use Google Analytics to track website behavior, such as the pages you looked at, and how long you spent reviewing them. This information allows us to understand how users are leveraging the Website information and allows us to improve the user experience.
If you would like to access what browsing information we have – or ask us to delete any GA data – please delete your _ga cookies, reach out to us, and/or install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
The Website may contain pixels from advertising platforms, such as Facebook or LinkedIn, in order to track the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns. In this case, the Solace Veterinary Services Website provides information to the advertising platform on the buttons you clicked on your website, or if you completed a transaction.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is kept secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place physical, technical and administrative measures to safeguard personal information we collect though the Website. We use SSL encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive personal information or other information.
We may link to other websites which are not within our control. We will not be responsible for the protection of any personal information which you provide to Third Parties. You should exercise caution and view privacy statements applicable to Third Party websites or services.
What we do with personal information processed through the Website
We use your personal information for the following reasons:
- To provide Solace Veterinary Services components you have requested and to notify you about important changes to the Website;
- To respond to your inquiries or to process your requests in relation to your information;
- To follow up on any inquiries or feedback as part of our customer care procedures;
- To communicate with you in the course of our ordinary business activities;
- To improve the Solace Veterinary Services by making them easier to use and by providing access to certain sections of the Website;
- To prevent or detect any unlawful activities; and
- To evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing and for the purposes of research, training and statistical analysis in order to improve the Solace Veterinary Services.
We may contact you by e-mail, phone or post for the purposes set out in this section. By submitting such information to us, you are deemed to have agreed to us contacting you using these methods of communication. We will continue to contact you using the methods you choose until you advise us in writing that you no longer wish to be contacted using such methods. Please note that you are required to accept at least one of the above methods as your chosen method of receipt of communication from us.
Sharing your personal information
Solace Veterinary Services will never sell, or lease, the personal data you provide us.
We will not transfer, disclose or distribute your personal information to Third Parties other than on the following basis:
- Where we have your consent to do so for the purpose of providing a service to you;
- Where it is required by Solace Veterinary Services Associates who may, directly or indirectly, render certain services to us or to you or in undertaking activities linked to the operation of such services on our behalf; or
- Where the disclosure is in compliance with legal and/or contractual requirements that we are subject to, including, but not limited to, governmental agreements.
We will not pass your personal information to Third Parties (other than on the basis set out in this Policy and in accordance with appropriate disclosure requirements we may be subject to) without your consent.
Accessing your personal information
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will take the necessary steps to ensure that your personal information is corrected and/or updated.